Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Never to Late to Pray or to Post

I logged in to update my blog and was surprised to see how long it has been since my last post.  I know there is a cliché that goes Time flies when you're having fun but I wonder if there is one for when time flies because you are busy?  Maybe there is one but who has the time to search for it.  Sadly, there have been things I have written for the Cathedral that could have been posted.  Since I did not post them timely they are now dated and cannot be used.  I will try to start adding weekly updates even if the post are more personal in thought and nature.

Thinking about being busy has also made me reexamine my prayer life.  I will admit that some days I do not pray the evening prayers of the Liturgy of the Hours.  I never have trouble praying the morning prayers, it is always the evening prayers.  This tells me that I am not putting the proper emphasis on these prayers.   I should never be too busy to take a few minutes to recite my prayers. Praying the morning and evening prayers is part of my Diaconate and is something I should do every day.

Maybe now is a good time for all to examine their prayer life.  The new liturgical year will be starting soon and the Advent Season will be upon us.  A season of preparation for not only the birth of Christ but his second coming. Review your prayer life.  Make the proper changes now that will enhance your readiness for the coming of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment